Analyzing a private project sometimes needs access to another private repository. Your team might be using a Git repository to distribute a private library. This kind of dependency is supported in some tools including Bundler, npm.
We support using SSH to access a private repository during an analysis session.
- You can specify your SSH private key for each project.
- During an analysis session, the
GIT_SSHenvironment variable will be set so that your Git access will use that key.
Uploading the SSH Key
- Visit the repository setting page.
- Fill in the text field with the content of the key file.
- You can specify the description of the SSH key.
Note that the private key cannot have a passphrase and must be an RSA key.
Currently, only a few analysis tools use an SSH configuration.
npm installto access private repositories.
Other tools do not use SSH so adding an SSH key for such tools are not needed.